So you may have noticed that Fitter Britter has been MIA the past couple weeks. I totaled my car in the snow so I have been dealing with getting all that straightened out and getting a new vehicle. However, during this time, I have been trying to get down this meal prep thing. This week I only did one meal for the week. I’m seriously debating trying out intermittent fasting but until then I needed lunch for the week. This recipe turned out so well I decided to share it on the blog.
Spicy Chicken Stir fry
- 2lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa: cooked according to package
- 1 1/4lb. fresh Asparagus: stems removed, cut into 2 inch spears
- 1 1/4 cup of frozen peas
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch plus 3 tablespoons of water mixed into a slurry
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (divided)
- 4 tablespoons of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried garlic
Directions: Put half of olive oil into a large pan or wok on medium high heat. Add Chicken, salt, pepper and 1/4 tsp of cayenne. Cook until chicken begins to brown. Remove Chicken from pan. In a mason jar with lid, mix sauce using the slurry, soy sauce, honey, sriracha, garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp of cayenne. Shake well. In the same pan, add remaining olive oil and asparagus. Add dash of salt. Cook until asparagus begins to soften through but remains crispy. Add peas. Once peas begin to thaw, add chicken and sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Serve over cooked quinoa. This recipe is 514 calories in 5 servings.
I was super impressed with how this recipe turned out and I hope if you guys try it you enjoy it as much as I did!
If you’re loving the bowls I use for meal prep you can snag you some on Amazon for only $9.99! When I decided to start meal prepping I needed to solve my random bowls with no lid problem so I scoured amazon for some new bowls and ran across these and so far I love them!